As part of the implementation of Ukraine's obligations under the Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment and Punishment, employees of the Department for the Implementation of the National Preventive Mechanism visited the communal facility of the Lviv Regional Council "Leshkiv Psycho-Neurological Institution" (hereinafter referred to as institution).
- wards do not provide written informed consent for treatment;
- examination of wards by a medical advisory commission with the participation of a psychiatrist is not organized;
- hemolytic control of wards is not provided, which can lead to serious consequences for their health;
- violation of sanitary and hygienic norms;
- non-compliance with the established standard of living space per ward;
- violation of the barrier-free principle and access to fresh air and drinking water;
- violation of the wards' right to own, use and dispose of their own belongings and funds;
- concealment of the facts of receiving physical injuries by wards due to the lack of recording of injury cases.
In order to eliminate the detected violations of the rights and freedoms of the wards of the institution, relevant letters and acts of response of the Commissioner for Human Rights of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine will be sent to the competent authorities.
We remind you that in case of violation of human and citizen rights, you can contact the Commissioner of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for human rights:
at the address: str. Instytutska, 21/8, Kyiv, 01008;
to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
to the hotline: 0800501720;
by phone 044-299-74-08